Vision, Mission, Values
CHELTENHAM TOWNSHIP LIBRARY SYSTEM STRATEGIC PLAN
Building Community, Transforming Lives
The Cheltenham Township Library System fosters the joy of reading, inspires a love of learning and encourages the sharing of ideas by providing free access to information and technologies that enlighten, inspire and delight.
The Cheltenham Township Library System (CTLS) is guided by the following values in everything it does:
RESPECT FOR THE COMMUNITY
- The Library celebrates the rich diversity of the Cheltenham community and respects every individual. CTLS strives to promote the building of strong bonds between and among neighbors and to help create a cohesive community.
- CTLS respects every individual’s privacy and his/her right to explore a wide variety of ideas. The Library strives to provide free resources and programs that offer a broad spectrum of viewpoints on an extensive range of topics.
EXCELLENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICES, STAFF & RESOURCES
- The Library strives to maintain excellence in customer service and to continuously develop the knowledge and skills of its staff and the quality of the resources it provides.
- CTLS recognizes that it “belongs” to the people of Cheltenham Township and, as a result, manages the public’s investment in the Library wisely to sustain quality services.
CREATIVITY, FLEXIBILITY AND INNOVATION
- The Library endeavors to be creative, flexible and innovative in responding to the needs of the community by continually incorporating new technologies and best practices in a timely manner to benefit its customers.